ANDREA In a nutshell
I was born into a farming family in North Germany – hence my love of plants…. As long as I can remember l have enjoyed exploring new horizons, literally and metaphorically, often with trepidation, overcoming insecurities and a lack of resources.
So far I have worked with refugees in Africa, co-founded an NGO, worked in strategic HR, carried out academic re search projects and lectured university students. Along the way I have gained medical qualifications, graduated from universities, travelled the world, published a book, chapters and articles. Ah, yes, I am also married to Richard!
Now I work through Saling2012Ltd., assisting leaders and teams from different cultural and social backgrounds in reaching their potential.
What does that mean?
Each person and each situation differs, therefore I am certified and experienced to use a toolkit of techniques drawing on accredited networks, each placing people at the centre:
- Authentic Business Solutions facilitates transformational change for individual leaders, their teams and their organisations (2020). I am an accredited Consultant.
- Non judgemental listening and being present in conversations is key to any relationship. I qualified as Enhanced Conversational Intelligence Practitioner C-IQ (2017) and keep current through the WE Institute and WBECS
- Through a Postgraduate Cert. in Teaching & Learning for Higher Education with Distinction I apply techniques tailored to the individual (2012)
- 2005 PhD: University of East Anglia, International Development Title: ‘Internationally Qualified Migrant Nurses in British Health Care Employment: their motivation, integration and contribution to capacity.’ ESRC Studentship grant.
- 2000 MSc Industrial Relations and Personnel Management & MCIPD: London School of Economics
- 1996 MSc International Health: Queen Margaret Univ., Edinburgh
My professional associations include: AB (Authentic Business Solutions); C-IQ (Conversational Intelligence); HEA (Higher Education Academy); BSA (British Sociological Association); CIPD (Institute of Personnel and Development) – I hold Chartered MCIPD status; wbecs (world business executive coach summit); DSA (Development Studies Group)
I love exploring new activities and new places which I try to combine with my work in a holistic way. Sadly, Covid has made that more challenging for many of us. I hate gyms…. so, in the winter I am using an ebike to get further on some country lanes. I learnt to use an SUP (stand-up-paddleboard) which I added to my kayak – both are great on the sea and rivers. Further afield I sail a small yacht with my husband and since we are equally qualified, we enjoy confusing people by saying that we are both the ‘captain.’ We sail in Turkey and Greece where we explore many of the ancient sites mentioned in the New Testament. I also love to be creative and enjoy beauty in art and our surroundings.
This cactus was a gift from a friend some 30+ years ago and has only recently presented me with beautiful flowers – patience and perseverance pay off in the long term!